Brundall (St. Lawrence)
BRUNDALL (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union and hundred of Blofield, E. division of Norfolk, 6½ miles (E. by S.) from Norwich; containing 52 inhabitants. It is bounded on the south by the navigable river Yare; and comprises about 559 acres, the whole arable, excepting about 133 acres of common. The Brundall estate, consisting of a mansion and 143 acres of land, was sold to Mr. Tuck, in 1845, for £12,500. The Norwich and Yarmouth railway passes through the parish. The living is a discharged rectory, consolidated with the livings of Witton and Little Plumstead, and valued in the king's books at £4. 10.: the tithes have been commuted for £145, and the glebe comprises nearly 14 acres. The church is a plain structure, chiefly in the early English style. In the 38th of Henry III., William de St. Omer received a grant of a fair to be held here.