Brumstead (St. Peter)
BRUMSTEAD (St. Peter), a parish, in the Tunstead and Happing incorporation, hundred of Happing, E. division of Norfolk, 1 mile (N.) from Stalham; containing 116 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 788 acres, of which 652 are arable, 22 wood, and the remainder marsh; the soil of the arable land is fertile. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 5. 7½., and in the gift of the Earl of Abergavenny: the tithes have been commuted for £240, and there is a glebe of 23 acres, with a parsonage-house erected in 1841. The church is chiefly in the decorated style, and has a lofty embattled tower. At the inclosure in the year 1805, 12 acres were allotted to the poor.