BROUGHTON-SULNEY, a parish, in the union of Melton-Mowbray, S. division of the wapentake of Bingham and of the county of Nottingham, 7 miles (N. W.) from Melton-Mowbray; containing 371 inhabitants. This parish, which is on the road from Nottingham to Melton, comprises by measurement 1900 acres. The surface is boldly undulated, and the scenery pleasingly diversified: the river Smite, which rises in Old Dalby, forms the eastern boundary of the parish, separating it from Nether Broughton, in the county of Leicester. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £11. 9. 4½.; net income, £388; patron, Sir J. Radcliffe: in the year 1762, the tithes were commuted for 243a. 22p. of land. The church is an ancient edifice in good repair. The water of a spring vulgarly called Woundheal, is noted for the cure of scorbutic eruptions.