Broom (St. Peter)
BROOM (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Kidderminster, Lower division of the hundred of Halfshire, Stourbridge and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 4 miles (S.) from Stourbridge; containing 129 inhabitants. This parish, which is beautifully situated on the western side of the Clent hills, comprises 716a. 3r. 6p. The road from Stourbridge to Bromsgrove passes on the east side. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 3. 4., and in the gift of Sir E. D. Scott, Bart.: the tithes have been commuted for £224, including the tithe of the glebe, which comprises 53½ acres. The church is a brick edifice, erected in 1780. A school is supported by subscription; and the poor have a small sum yearly, bequeathed by John Harris in 1701, out of Bradford meadow, now converted into a mill-dam.