Bromley, Little (St. Mary)
BROMLEY, LITTLE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union and hundred of Tendring, N. division of Essex, 3½ miles (S. S. W.) from Manningtree; containing 426 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1841 acres, of which 1500 are arable, 80 pasture, 38 woodland, and about 220 acres roads and waste. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £8, and in the patronage of Wadham College, Oxford: the tithes have been commuted for £560, and there is a good glebe-house, with 11 acres of land. The church is a plain edifice, with a stone tower.