Bromeswell (St. Edmund)
BROMESWELL (St. Edmund), a parish, in the union of Woodbridge, hundred of Wilford, E. division of Suffolk, 2½ miles (E. N. E.) from Woodbridge; containing 200 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1700 acres, the soil of which is various, but generally fertile. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £4. 15. 7½., and in the gift of the Marquess of Bristol: the tithes have been commuted for £270, and the glebe consists of an acre and a half. The church is a neat edifice.