Brockworth (St. George)
BROCKWORTH (St. George), a parish, in the Upper division of the hundred of Dudstone and King's Barton, union, and E. division of the county, of Gloucester, 4 miles (E. S. E.) from Gloucester; containing 409 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the old road from Gloucester to Cirencester, comprises by measurement 1840 acres: stone for the roads is found. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 3. 4.; patron and impropriator, J. Watts, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £151, and the glebe comprises 26 acres. The church is a very ancient structure, with a low central tower; in the chancel is a handsome marble monument to Sir Christopher Guise. The parish is crossed by the Erminstreet.