BROCKMOOR, an ecclesiastical parish, in the parish of King's Swinford, union of Stourbridge, N. division of the hundred of Seisdon, S. division of the county of Stafford, 2½ miles (S. W.) from Dudley; containing about 3500 inhabitants. It is nearly a mile and a half in length, and three-quarters of a mile in breadth in the broadest part, tapering to a point at one extremity: the surface is varied. The Stourbridge Extension canal bounds the parish on the west side; the road from Dudley to Stourbridge, by Brierley Hill, passes on the east; and the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton railway passes through. The inhabitants are employed in coal-mines, iron-manufactories, and a brick-factory. Brockmoor was formed into a separate ecclesiastical district in September, 1844, under the act 6th and 7th Victoria, cap. 37; and, conformably with its provisions, became a new parish on the consecration of a church, in December, 1845. The edifice is in the Norman style; is of handsome appearance, with stained-glass windows in the chancel; and was built at a cost of about £3000, provided by church building societies, aided by subscription. A parsonage-house, which stands in an acre of ground, was erected at an expense of £900, whereof £500 were contributed by Lord Ward, and the same nobleman presented two acres for a churchyard. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans; also a commodious school-house, recently built, with rooms for boys, girls, and infants, and apartments for the master and mistress: the cost of its erection, about £1000, was provided by the National Society, the Privy Council, and subscription.