Brockley (St. Andrew)
BROCKLEY (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union and hundred of Thingoe, W. division of Suffolk, 6¾ miles (S. S. W.) from Bury St. Edmund's; containing 380 inhabitants, and comprising by computation nearly 1500 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 4. 2.; net income, £330; patron and incumbent, the Rev. William Sprigge. The rectory-house was consumed on the night of the 6th of April, 1841, by an accidental fire which destroyed property to the amount of £2000. The church is an ancient structure.