Brinsop (St. George)
BRINSOP (St. George), a parish, in the union of Weobley, hundred of Grimsworth, county of Hereford, 5½ miles (N. W.) from Hereford; containing 116 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1334 acres. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £4; patron and appropriator, the Bishop of Hereford: the great tithes have been commuted at £170, and the small at £104; the glebe comprises 190 acres, and a vicarage-house has recently been built. The church is partly of Norman architecture; it has a window of painted glass of great antiquity.