Brinkhill (St. Philip)
BRINKHILL (St. Philip), a parish, in the union of Spilsby, hundred of Hill, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 6½ miles (N. N. W.) from Spilsby; containing 168 inhabitants. It comprises about 1000 acres, of which the soil is a red marl, and the surface hilly. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £8; net income, £137; patron, R. Cracroft, Esq.: land was assigned in lieu of tithes, in 1773. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. In a stratum of blue clay in the village, are found veins of barren marcasite.