Bringhurst (St. Nicholas)
BRINGHURST (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Uppingham, hundred of Gartree, S. division of the county of Leicester; containing, with the township of Drayton and the chapelry of Great Easton, 840 inhabitants, of whom 92 are in the township of Bringhurst, 2¼ miles (W. by N.) from Rockingham. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £11. 15.; net income, £241; patrons and appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Peterborough. Land and a money payment were assigned in 1804, in lieu of tithes for the townships of Bringhurst and Drayton. There is a chapel of ease at Great Easton.