BRIMFIELD, a parish, in the union of Tenbury, hundred of Wolphy, county of Hereford, 4 miles (S. by E.) from Ludlow; containing 591 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the borders of Shropshire, and comprises 1807 acres, of which nearly 700 are arable, and the rest pasture, with the exception of 76 acres of common or waste and about 50 acres of hop-ground; the surface is moderately undulated, with a large portion of wood, and the soil above the average fertility. The roads from Ludlow to Tenbury and to Leominster branch off at the village, which is of some extent; the parish is intersected by the Leominster canal, and bounded by the river Teame. The proposed Hereford and Shrewsbury railway is intended to pass through the confines of Brimfield. The living is a perpetual curacy; patron and appropriator, the Bishop of Hereford: the great tithes have been commuted for £155, and those of the incumbent for £125; two acres of glebe appertain to the bishop. The nave and chancel of the church were rebuilt, in a plain style, in 1834; but the tower is of some antiquity.