BRIDGE-HILL, an ecclesiastical district, in the townships of Duffield and Belper, parish and union of Duffield, hundred of Appletree, S. division of the county of Derby. It embraces all that part of the town of Belper which lies west of the Midland railway; and is about two miles in length, and a mile and a half in its greatest breadth. A part of the district is very steep, hilly, and rugged; the lands are watered by the fine stream of the Derwent, and the road from Derby to Matlock passes through. The cotton and nail manufactures are carried on by a portion of the population. The district was formed in August 1845, under the act 6th and 7th of Victoria, cap. 37; and until the proposed erection of a church, divine service is performed in a licensed room belonging to an inn: the estimated cost of the church is £2000. Within the district are places of worship for Baptists, Wesleyan Methodists, Methodists of the New Connexion, and Plymouth Brethren. A stone, having the arms of John of Gaunt, is still preserved in the gable of a house on Mount Pleasant.