Bridgeham (St. Mary)
BRIDGEHAM (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Guiltcross, hundred of Shropham, W. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (W. by S.) from East Harling; containing 328 inhabitants. It comprises 2702a. 28p., of which 1248 acres are arable, 426 meadow, 846 heath and furze, 75 sheep-walk, and 35 plantation. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £11. 1. 0½., and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes have been commuted for £371, and the glebe comprises a little more than 15 acres. The church is chiefly in the decorated style, and consists of a nave and chancel, separated by a carved screen; the font is large, and curiously sculptured. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.