BRENTINGBY, a chapelry, in the parish of Wyfordby, union of Melton-Mowbray, hundred of Framland, N. division of the county of Leicester, 2½ miles (E. by S.) from Melton-Mowbray; containing 54 inhabitants. The chapelry comprises about 600 acres: the soil is partly a cold clay, and partly of much richer quality; the pastures are luxuriant, and Stilton cheese is made here and in the neighbourhood. There is a curious old manor-house, repaired in 1846. The Melton-Mowbray and Oakham canal passes through the district. The chapel is an ancient structure.