Bredy, Long (St. John the Baptist)
BREDY, LONG (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Dorchester, hundred of Eggerton, Dorchester division of Dorset, 8 miles (W.) from Dorchester; containing, with the hamlet of Upper Kingston and the chapelry of Little Bredy, 536 inhabitants. It comprises, exclusively of Little Bredy, 2060a. 1r. 19p., of which 1213 acres are meadow and pasture, 764 arable, and 7 woodland. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £19. 12. 1., and in the patronage of R. Williams, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £460, and there are 75 acres of glebe. At Little Bredy is a chapel of ease.