Bredfield (St. Andrew)
BREDFIELD (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Woodbridge, hundred of Wilford, E. division of Suffolk, 2½ miles (N.) from Woodbridge; containing 468 inhabitants, and comprising by measurement 1067 acres. The living is a discharged vicarage endowed with the rectorial tithes, with the livings of Lowdham and Petistree consolidated in 1827; it is valued in the king's books at £4. 4. 2., and is in the patronage of the Crown. The tithes of the parish have been commuted for £318, and the glebe comprises 27 acres. There is a small placeof worship for Baptists.