Breckles (St. Margaret)
BRECKLES (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Walsingham, hundred of Wayland, W. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (S. E. by S.) from Watton; containing 160 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1600 acres, the property of Sir E. Kerrison, Bart. There was formerly a lake of 100 acres, which was drained about 40 years since, and now affords rich pasturage. The Hall is an ancient mansion of brick, in the Elizabethan style. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 17. 11.; net income, £41, arising from Queen Anne's Bounty; patron and impropriator, Sir E. Kerrison. The church is an ancient structure in the early and later English styles, with a circular tower, and contains a large Norman font, which is elaborately sculptured.