BREARTON, a township, in the parish of Knaresborough, Lower division of the wapentake of Claro, W. riding of York, 3½ miles (N. N. W.) from Knaresborough; containing 201 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1560 acres. A chapel of ease was built in 1836, containing 150 sittings, of which 110 are free. The tithes have been commuted for £150. 6. 8.