Braunston, or Branston (All Saints)
BRAUNSTON, or Branston (All Saints), a parish, in the union and soke of Oakham, county of Rutland, 2 miles (S. W.) from Oakham; containing 443 inhabitants. It comprises between 1500 and 2000 acres, of which the greater portion is arable; the soil is various, but chiefly clay of inferior quality. An act of parliament was passed in 1801, for inclosing the waste lands. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Hambleton: the church is a small neat edifice.