Brauncewell (All Saints)
BRAUNCEWELL (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Sleaford, wapentake of Flaxwell, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 4¾ miles (N. N. W.) from Sleaford; containing 125 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the road from London to Lincoln; and, including the hamlet of Dunsby, comprises 2430 acres by measurement. Since the improvements of the last century, and the introduction of extraneous manures, the soil, formerly poor, has been much enriched; and the village, which had fallen into decay, has been rebuilt: freestone of the upper oolite formation is quarried. The living is a discharged rectory, with the vicarage of Anwick and the rectory of Dunsby united, valued in the king's books at £9. 8. 11½.; net income, £580; patron, the Marquess of Bristol. The church, a very substantial structure, was rebuilt in 1814. Some traces of the foundations of the church of Dunsby may still be seen, on a spot called Old Dunsby.