Brattleby (St. Cuthbert)
BRATTLEBY (St. Cuthbert), a parish, in the wapentake of Lawress, parts of Lindsey, union and county of Lincoln, 6½ miles (N. N. W.) from Lincoln; containing 168 inhabitants. The parish comprises about 1060 acres: the soil is various, and near the village forms good grazing-land; limestone and lias are quarried in the higher grounds. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 10.; net income, £260; patrons, the Master and Fellows of Balliol College, Oxford. The tithes were commuted for land at the inclosure; the total glebe comprises 185 acres. The church has been rebuilt.