BRAMPTON, CHAPEL, a parish, in the union of Brixworth, hundred of Newbottle-Grove, S. division of the county of Northampton, 4 miles (N. N. W.) from Northampton; containing 229 inhabitants. It is situated on the river Nene, and the Northampton and Welford road; and comprises 1250 acres of rich land, in equal portions of arable and pasture, with about 16 acres of wood: the soil is a red-sand loam, and red sandstone is obtained. Earl Spencer is the sole owner. The female population is employed in making pillowlace. In ecclesiastical matters, Chapel-Brampton is annexed to Church-Brampton; and its church has been long demolished. There is a small dissenting place of worship for all denominations; a boys' school is supported by John Beasley, Esq., and a girls' school by his lady. One of the fine springs here is particularly good for weak eyes.