BRAMPTON-BIERLOW, a township, in the parish of Wath-Upon-Dearne, union of Rotherham, N. division of the wapentake of Strafforth and Tickhill, W. riding of York, 6 miles (S. E.) from Barnsley; containing 1704 inhabitants. This township, which is situated on the Dearne and Dove canal, in a district abounding with coal, comprises 3168a. 2r. 14p., of which 1633 acres are arable, 1203 grass land, 245 wood, 76 acres homesteads, orchards, &c., and 9 canal. Extensive iron-works have been established, and several mines of coal are in full operation; affording employment to the principal part of the population of the township.