Bramerton (St. Peter)
BRAMERTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union and hundred of Henstead, E. division of Norfolk, 4¼ miles (S. E. by E.) from Norwich; containing 229 inhabitants. It comprises 728a. 3r. 34p., whereof 106 acres are common or waste; and is bounded on the north by the navigable river Yare, from which rises an extensive and beautiful common, in the hills of which are found a great variety of fossils. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6, and in the patronage of Robert Fellowes, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £250, and there are 22 acres of glebe, and a handsome and commodious parsonagehouse. The church is chiefly in the decorated style, and consists of a nave and chancel, with a square embattled tower: the interior was repewed, and thoroughly repaired, in 1839.