Bradworthy (St. John the Baptist)
BRADWORTHY (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Bideford, hundred of Black Torrington, Holsworthy and N. divisions of Devon, 7 miles (N. by W.) from Holsworthy; containing 1081 inhabitants. It comprises 7800 acres, of which 100 are common or waste. The reservoir of the Bude canal, occupying an extent of 75 acres, is chiefly in the parish. The living is a vicarage, with the perpetual curacy of Pancrasweek annexed, valued in the king's books at £25. 5. 5., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £243; impropriators, Mrs. E. Langdon and the Rev. R. Kingdon. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.