Bradley (All Saints)
BRADLEY (All Saints), a parish, in the hundred of Appletree, union of Burton-upon-Trent, S. division of the county of Derby, 3 miles (E. by S.) from Ashbourn; containing 271 inhabitants. At the time of the Domesday survey, the manor belonged to Henry de Ferrers; and at a very early period it became the property and seat of the ancient family of Kniveton: Sir Andrew Kniveton, in 1655, sold the estate to the Meynells. Bradley comprises 2374a. 3r. 23p., the soil of which is, in nearly equal portions, strong and light. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 19. 9½., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Lichfield: the tithes have been commuted for £262, and the glebe comprises 55 acres. The church is a small ancient structure. There is a chalybeate spring, but not much used.