BRADFORD, a township, in the parish of Bolam, union of Castle ward, N. E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 12 miles (W. S. W.) from Morpeth; containing 38 inhabitants. This ancient place was one of the manors of the Bolam barony, and had free tenants in it, who held of the chief lord by knight's service. It occupies a bare situation on the south bank of the Blyth-water rivulet, and comprises about 1030 acres of land; a little to the south-east is the beautiful demesne of Belsay. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £64. 2., and the vicarial for £8. 2. 6.