Bradenham, East (St. Mary)
BRADENHAM, EAST (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Swaffham, hundred of South Greenhoe, W. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (N. W.) from Shipdham; containing 368 inhabitants. It comprises 2340a. 3p., of which 1013 acres pay a modus of £34. 8. in lieu of tithes. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £12. 2. 8½., and in the patronage of Thomas Adlington, Esq.: the remainder of the tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £352. 9., and the glebe comprises a little more than three acres, with a house. The church is a spacious structure in the later English style, with a square embattled tower; it was thoroughly repaired in 1833, and contains some handsome monuments. There is a place of worship for Independents.