Bozeat (St. Mary)
BOZEAT (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Wellingborough, hundred of Higham-Ferrers, N. division of the county of Northampton, 5¾ miles (N.) from Olney; containing 845 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the border of Bedfordshire, and comprises 2537a. 3r. 8p., of which above 120 acres are woodland; the surface is in some parts hilly, especially at the north end, and in others level; the soil is a cold clay. Limestone is quarried. The road from Wellingborough to Olney passes through the village. The living is a discharged vicarage, with the rectory of Strixton consolidated, valued in the king's books at £8; net income, £183; patron, Earl Spencer; impropriators, the representatives of the late Dr. Laurence, Archbishop of Cashel: the glebe comprises 120 acres. Land and annual money payments were assigned in 1798, in lieu of tithes. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.