Boyton (St. Andrew)
BOYTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Woodbridge, hundred of Wilford, E. division of Suffolk, 8 miles (E. by S.) from Woodbridge; containing 239 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1650 acres; the soil is for the most part light and heathy, with some few acres of marsh, and the surface level. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 12. 1., and in the gift of the Trustees of Mrs. Mary Warner: the tithes have been commuted for £388, and the glebe consists of 23 acres. An almshouse was built in 1743, and liberally endowed by Mrs. Warner.