BOULTON, a chapelry, in the parish of St. Peter, Derby, union of Shardlow, hundred of Morleston and Litchurch, S. division of the county of Derby, 3½ miles (S. E. by E.) from Derby; containing 171 inhabitants. It comprises 791a. 3r. 4p., and is intersected by the Derby canal: the village has several neat houses. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Proprietors of land in the chapelry; net income, £120. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1802; the incumbent then received 29 acres, besides which he has 37 acres in other places. The chapel was enlarged and repaired in 1840, at a cost of £480.