Bosworth, Husband's (All Saints)
BOSWORTH, HUSBAND'S (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Market-Harborough, hundred of Gartree, S. division of the county of Leicester, 6 miles (W. S. W.) from Harborough; containing 953 inhabitants. The river Welland bounds the parish on the south and south-east, and the Avon on the northwest; the Grand Union canal crosses the western part of it, being conducted through a tunnel, 1170 yards in length, to the northern side of the village. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £24. 15. 7½.; net income, £929; patron, the Rev. J. T. Mayne. The church had its spire greatly damaged through a storm of thunder and lightning, in July, 1755. There are places of worship for Particular Baptists, Wesleyans, and Roman Catholics. A school for boys is partly supported by a bequest of £15 per annum; and a school for boys and girls, partly by Miss Turvile.