Boscomb (St. Andrew)
BOSCOMB (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union and hundred of Amesbury, Salisbury and Amesbury, and S. divisions of Wilts, 3¾ miles (S. E. by E.) from Amesbury, and on the road between Salisbury and Marlborough; containing 156 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 17. 1.; net income, £330; patron, the Bishop of Salisbury. Four almshouses were endowed with a rent-charge of £24, by John Kent, Esq., by will proved in 1710. This was once the residence of the celebrated Richard Hooker, who held the living, and here wrote some part of his Ecclesiastical Polity.