Bosbury (Holy Trinity)
BOSBURY (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Ledbury, hundred of Radlow, county of Hereford, 4 miles (N. by W.) from Ledbury; containing 1137 inhabitants. The parish is intersected by the Ledbury and Worcester road, and comprises by computation 4500 acres, of which the soil is a stiff red clay saturated with moisture, and the surface varied hill and dale. The Gloucester and Ledbury canal wharf is a mile distant. The living is a discharged vicarage, endowed with onefourth of the rectorial tithes, and valued in the king's books at £10. 3. 8.; patron, the Bishop of Hereford: the impropriate tithes have been commuted for £420, and the vicarial for £399. 18. The church, which is in various styles, is an ancient edifice, containing some interesting monuments. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans; and a grammar school, endowed by Sir Rowland Morton, has an income of about £135. The bishops of Hereford had a palace here, the remains of which have been converted into farm-offices.