BORDESLEY, a hamlet, in the parish of Tardebigg, union of Bromsgrove, Upper division of the hundred of Halfshire, Droitwich and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 5½ miles (E. S. E.) from Bromsgrove. A Cistercian abbey, in honour of the Blessed Virgin Mary, was built in 1138, by the Empress Matilda; and its revenue, a short time previously to the Dissolution, was estimated at £392. 8. 6.: the chapel, dedicated to St. Stephen, subsisted for some time afterwards. Bordesley Hall, surrounded by an extensive and well wooded park, is in this vicinity, but in the parish of Alvechurch, and about a mile and a half south-east of Alvechurch village: the mansion stands on rising ground, and is handsomely built.