Booton (St. Michael)
BOOTON (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of St. Faith's, hundred of South Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 1 mile (E. S. E.) from Reepham; containing 241 inhabitants. It is intersected by the road from Norwich to Reepham, and comprises 1040 acres. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 12. 6., and in the gift of H. Elwin, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £294, and there are about 23 acres of glebe. The church is chiefly in the decorated style, with a square embattled tower. At the inclosure, in 1811, twenty acres were allotted to the poor.