BOLTON, a chapelry, in the parish of Morland, West ward and union, county of Westmorland, 4 miles (N. W. by W.) from Appleby; containing 383 inhabitants. About a mile north of the village, an iron bridge, thirty yards in length, was constructed across the Eden, at the expense of the landowners on both sides of the river, in 1816. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £80; patron, the Vicar of Morland: the tithes were commuted for land in 1808. The chapel is dedicated to All Saints. A meeting-house for Methodists was built in 1818; and there is a free school endowed with £13 per annum.