BOLSTERSTONE, a chapelry, in the parish of Ecclesfield, union of Wortley, N. division of the wapentake of Strafforth and Tickhill, W. riding of York, 8½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Sheffield. This place is in the district of Hallamshire, and is bounded on the south-south-west by the river Euden, on the north-north-west by the Porter, and on the east by the Don; the land is chiefly arable, and the soil of various qualities. A thin seam of coal is wrought, employing about 100 hands; as is also a quarry of firestone of a peculiar kind, which employs a few hands more. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Trustees of J. Remington, Esq., with a net income of £119: the chapel is a plain square edifice, rebuilt in 1791, at a cost of nearly £600, raised by subscription. There is a place of worship for dissenters. A national school has an endowment of about £50 per annum, and a house for the master, bequeathed by John Hodgkinson in 1780.