BODICOT, a chapelry, in the parish of East Adderbury, union of Banbury, hundred of Bloxham, county of Oxford, 1¾ mile (S. by E.) from Banbury; containing 729 inhabitants. It comprises about 1240 acres; the surface is gently undulated, and the scenery generally of pleasing character. On the north-eastern boundary flows the river Cherwell, which here separates the county from Northamptonshire; the chapelry is intersected by the Oxford canal, which runs near to and almost parallel with the river, and the road leading from Banbury southward to East Adderbury runs through the village. The chapel, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, was nearly wholly rebuilt, and reconsecrated in April, 1844; the cost amounted to £1575: the tower is on the north side. There is a place of worship for Particular Baptists. Bodicot Cross was standing in the middle of the village, until the early part of the present century.