Bobbingworth (St. German)
BOBBINGWORTH (St. German), a parish, in the union and hundred of Ongar, S. division of Essex, 2½ miles (N. W.) from Ongar; containing 357 inhabitants. This parish, which comprises 1400 acres, is of very uneven surface, rising into hills of moderate elevation, and commanding in some parts pleasing and in others highly enriched scenery; the village is built round a pleasant green, and has a cheerful aspect. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 6. 8., and in the patronage of Capel Cure, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £446. 5., and there are 35 acres of glebe. The church, which is at some distance from the village, appears to have been erected at different periods; the chancel is the most ancient part, and has a handsome east window of the decorated English style.