Blundeston (St. Mary)
BLUNDESTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Mutford and Lothingland, E. division of Suffolk, 3½ miles (N. W.) from Lowestoft; containing 592 inhabitants. It is situated on the navigable river Waveney, which forms its boundary on the south-west. The living is a discharged rectory, with that of Flixton united, valued in the king's books at £13. 6. 8., and in the gift of the family of Anguish: the tithes have been commuted for £610, and there are nearly 13 acres of glebe. Here is a place of worship for Wesleyans. The Rev. Gregory Clarke, in 1726, gave land for the instruction of children, of the annual value of about £11.