Bloxham, or Bloxholme (St. Mary)
BLOXHAM, or Bloxholme (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Sleaford, wapentake of Flaxwell, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 5 miles (N. by W.) from Sleaford; containing 67 inhabitants. This parish is situated near the road from Sleaford to Lincoln, and comprises about 1200 acres, of which 700 are arable, 250 pasture and meadow, and the remainder waste; stone is quarried, and made into lime. Bloxham Hall is a fine old mansion, enlarged in 1825, and surrounded by extensive pleasure-grounds. The living is a rectory, to which the vicarage of Digby was united in 1717, valued in the king's books at £9. 9. 4½., and in the patronage of R. A. Christopher, Esq.: the tithes of the parish have been commuted for £209. 5. 2., and the glebe comprises 18 acres, with a house. The church is a neat edifice; in the chancel are deposited the remains of many members of the Manners family, late the possessors of the lordship.