Blo-Norton (St. Andrew)
BLO-NORTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union and hundred of Guilt-Cross, W. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (S. by E.) from East Harling; containing 435 inhabitants. It comprises 1133a. 2r. 22p., of which 841 acres are arable, 227 pasture, and the remainder, wood and waste land, and roads. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 6. 3.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. Charles Howman Browne, whose tithes have been commuted for £330, and who has about 20 acres of glebe. The church, which is partly in the early and partly in the decorated style, consists of a nave and chancel, with a square embattled tower. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists; also a school supported by endowment. Under an inclosure act in 1822, 25 acres of land were awarded to the poor for fuel; and on the same occasion, 7½ acres were added to 8½ which had been left to the poor by Robert Browne, in 1765.