Blendworth (St. Giles)
BLENDWORTH (St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Catherington, hundred of Finch-Dean, Petersfield and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, ¾ of a mile from Horndean; containing 280 inhabitants. It comprises 1421a. 1r. 23p., of which 611 acres are arable, 146 meadow, 386 downs, and 253 woodland: the soil is chalky, and the surface level and dry. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 7. 8½., and in the gift of the Rev. Edward Langton Ward: the tithes have been commuted for two rentcharges, £130 payable to the incumbent of Chalton, and £243 to the rector of Blendworth, who has also a glebe of 6 acres. William Appleford, in 1695, gave £200 in trust, to be invested in land, and the proceeds applied to education.