Bledlow (Holy Trinity)
BLEDLOW (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Wycombe, hundred of Aylesbury, county of Buckingham, 5½ miles (E. S. E.) from Thame; containing 1205 inhabitants. It comprises 4112a. 1r. 1p., of which about 500 acres are woodland, 100 pasture, and onethird of the rest meadow and two-thirds arable. There are two paper-mills, and females find employment by making cotton and blond lace by hand on pillows. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £16. 9. 7.; net income, £250; patron, Lord Carrington: land and money payments were assigned in 1809, in lieu of all tithes, woodlands excepted. The church was erected about the year 1200. At Bledlow Ridge, three miles from the church, is a chapel, which was rebuilt by subscription in 1835, and is vested in three trustees; the vicar, who is also chaplain, being one. There is also a Wesleyan meeting-house at Bledlow Ridge; and several endowments, amounting to about £30 per annum, have been left to the poor.