Bledington (St. Leonard)
BLEDINGTON (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of Stow-on-the-Wold, Upper division of the hundred of Slaughter, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 4 miles (S. E. by E.) from Stow; containing 354 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1400 acres, and is divided from Oxfordshire by the Evenlode stream, by which the flat grounds are sometimes flooded; the soil is gravelly, with some clay, and the surface level. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 4.; net income, £88; patrons and appropriators, the Dean and Canons of Christ-Church, Oxford, to whom land and a money payment were assigned in lieu of tithes in 1769.