BLEASDALE, a chapelry, in the parish of Lancaster, union of Garstang, hundred of Amounderness, N. division of the county of Lancaster, 7 miles (E. by N.) from Garstang; containing 249 inhabitants. The forest of Bleasdale, which is held of the crown, in right of the duchy of Lancaster, comprises about 8490 acres, and is co-extensive with the township; it is wild and mountainous, and the upper ridge of hills joins the county of York: the soil is of a clayey quality. There is a good stone-quarry; also a paper-mill. Six thousand acres belong to William Garnett, Esq., whose house here, called Bleasdale Tower, is the residence of his son, W. J. Garnett, Esq. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Vicar of Lancaster; net income, £73, with a house: there are about 22 acres of glebe. The chapel, called Admarsh Chapel, is a neat edifice with a square tower, rebuilt in 1835; it has a beautiful east window of stained glass, executed by Ward of London, the gift in 1840 of Mr. Sergeant Bellasis. A school here has an endowment of £22 per annum.