Bishampton (St. Peter)
BISHAMPTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Pershore, Middle division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, Pershore and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 4 miles (N. E. by N.) from Pershore; containing 410 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1828a. 1r. 1p., mostly arable land, the remainder pasture, and is situated near the Avon: stone is quarried for the repair of roads. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 9. 9½.; patron, the Bishop of Worcester; impropriator, the Earl of Harrowby. The glebe consists of 80 acres of land, given in lieu of tithes, and valued at £100 per annum; with a glebe-house in good repair. The church, which is partly in the pointed style, was erected in the sixteenth century, and has a noble square tower with six bells, and an organ presented by the vicar, for the period of his incumbency, in 1839. A school is partly supported by the Earl of Harrowby.